Professional Success Starts with Promotion
Whether you work for yourself or someone else, getting found and promoting your brand is important. You can start this even as a student and continue it into the future. The process should be constant, holistic and cumulative. The search engines remember how long and how frequently you have created things so staying active is important.
Spa Tech Institute is constantly investing in making sure the name of the school and the graduates are as visible on the internet as possible. This is expensive and done for your benefit. It’s known as SEO (Search Engine Optimization) as well as many other terms. But it only helps you if you take advantage of using it.
Promotion on Spa Tech Institute Sites
Here are some ways you can use the school to help promote who you are and what you are doing.
- Post where you are working on http://graduate-referrals.spatech.edu/ so people can find you through the school. Keeping this posting up to date is critical. You can also put links to your website which will increase the SEO on your site.
- Go to the YouTube Channel for Spa Tech Institute and link to videos that you are in. Use the Share feature to share it on your Facebook account or Twitter. When potential clients see you featured on the school site it increases your credibility and status. It also gives them a chance to see the quality of the education you received as the Spa Tech channel creates credibility for the professional quality of what you have learned.
- On any videos where you appear, add comments and be sure to put a link to your website, Graduate-Referral listing or Facebook business page so you can get link backs to your information. The comments may not be read by everyone but the SEO will help your pages and site to be found.
- Subscribe to the YouTube channel for the school so you will know when a new video has been posted. This way you can add comments whenever a new video is posted. By adding comments to new videos you will increase your exposure on the freshest content. (BTW: The school monitors and approves what’s posted to keep spammers from filling up the comments.
- Subscribe to this blog and the other blogs associated with the school and post comments whenever a new post is added. You will see the other blogs listed on the home page of spatech.edu as well as on the school blog that is listed at the end of the left hand navigation on the website. Again, the comments are moderated to weed out spammers.
- When the school has video contests, enter something so you can get access to the Social Media webinars as well as having additional content that you can point to. The competitions will be listed on this blog as well as the school blog on the website.
These practices will incrementally enhance your visibility on the internet and make it easier for people to find you. Be sure to always include links to you websites and page listings on Facebook, LinkedIn and other social channels. The more you share and promote what you are doing, the more the world will recognize your commitment to your profession.
Example of Successful Promotion by Spa Tech Graduate
I also want to give a shout out to one of our cosmetology graduates who is doing a really great job of promoting her brand. Looking at what she is doing with her Facebook page listing and Blog is a great example of someone who is headed for future industry success. I recommend you Like her page and subscribe to her Blog even if you are not a cosmetologist. Not only is the information good but she is doing a great job. Follow her example and see your business and brand grow.
Be well and prosperous.
p.s. Are there other things you would like to see written about? Let me know so we can continue to give you what you need to succeed.